About us...
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Tyler update
After an afternoon of appts. and shots and bloodwork, we finally got home about 4 hours later...of course with homework to do. Spent the entire morning making phone calls to various hospitals seeing who can get us in most quickly for an MRI of Tyler's brain and spine (which requires sedation since he's so young). Trying to figure out why Tyler's legs and feet are spastic (the muscles are constantly contracted)...this has been getting worse over the last 3-4 months. It's not an urgent problem, just one that concerns them and us, since it makes it so he can't stand up straight at all...will make walking hard. Want to rule out it being a spinal problem, then want to make sure it's not related to his Chiari II malformation (his brainstem--the bottom part of his brain--protrudes out of his brain into his spinal cord). More referrals...more appts. Just hoping we can take care of anything major if we need to before Brian leaves for his first externship in March!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thanks for your sweet comments camilla. I haven't been blogging for awhile so it's fun to get back on everyone's blogs and see what's going on! It looks like Tyler's health still has it's ups and downs and you're still being the amazing, loving, and supportive mom that you are! Way to go- good lucky with the next set of appts!
I'm dying to know how it goes tomorrow I will call you. Also thanks for calling on Kambree's surgery day she did awesome, she woke up a little sick for the medicine that put her under but by the time we got home she was feeling much better and she is doing great now and it seems there is already some improvement I'll tell you more about it tomorrow when I call. I love you so much and hope all goes well!
Post a Comment