About us...


Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cut that grass...

A picture of Tyler just because.
Jacob's favorite thing about going to Aldi's...the chance that we might see a train from the parking lot. Today he got to see two...one before we went in the store. And one as we were checking out. That one the whole store quickly knew about because he excitedly (and loudly) announced "look mommy, there's a train!" And when only me and Tyler were looking, but not everyone in line with us, he turned to the cashier and said, "look, there's a train! A freight train! It's going so fast!" And was so ecstatic about it. I think everyone in line was smiling by the time we left. So fun! I love how the excitement of kids just rubs off on everyone around them.
Last year at a yard sale we got a real push mower (run purely on muscle) for $5, really as a backup. We quickly found out that it was quite the good arm workout, and have since then used it to cut the grass. Today when I cut it, we had let the grass get way too long, plus it started to drizzle just as I started to cut the grass. By the time I was done cutting both yards, my arms were so sore! Then Jacob took his turn, and I was really impressed that he could push it around. Granted, the grass had just been cut, but it's not an easy thing to push around either!
When he'd get it stuck, he would push and push to get it unstuck and finally would. But he wouldn't let me help him. When he sets his mind to something, especially work, he is a determined little boy!

Enjoying cookies we made together after dinner.

No comments: