About us...


Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy 4th anniversary!!!!

Today made me think back over the last 4 years that Brian and I have been married. It has been so fun to think of all the things that we managed to get done in that amount of time. So a little travel in time--especially for Brian:

April, 2005 Brian started back full-time at BYU.

May 4, 2005--Officially engaged, Pippa Passes, KY. The best and most surprising surprise of my life

May 15, 2005 Camilla graduated from Eastern Kentucky University's RN program and moved out same weekend to Provo, UT.

May 18th, 2005 Camilla started first full-time job as RN at Utah Valley hospital in Provo

June 25, 2005 (Saturday)--Married and sealed in Salt Lake City, UT Temple for time and all eternity (Brian 21, Camilla 20)






June 27, 2005 (Monday) back to work and school

July 4th, 2005 weekend Honeymoon/reception in Washington

July 2005--Camilla took and passed nursing boards--officially an RN.

end of July, 2005--found out (to our GREAT surprise) I was pregnant!

First week Aug 2005 drive across country to Kentucky for reception, to South Carolina, and back to Utah--most memorable because I was so morning sick.

August 2005 Brian called as Elder's Quorum President of our new family ward in Provo (BYU 170th)

April 3, 2006 Jacob Brian Freeman born, Provo, UT. Camilla start full-time position as Jacob's mommy

April 5, 2006 Brian flew out to Cleveland, OH for podiatry (OCPM) interviews--accepted, with 1/2 tuition scholarship--contingent upon completion of 90 credit hours at BYU

Spring term 2006 Brian took 11 credit hours (equivalent of 22 regular semester hours), enough to have 90 credit hours from BYU Provo.

July-August 2006 moved back to Washington--Brian worked on his Dad/brother's farm for the summer

August 2006--moved to Cleveland OH. Brian started 1st year at Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine (OCPM)

Oct 2005--found out (not a surprise this time) pregnant--Jacob 6 months old. Camilla called into YW presidency

December, 2006 moved into 1st owned home. Just in time for Christmas. Started on our so far never-ending list of home improvement projects--we have had so much fun working on this house together.

Feb 2007 Found out having another boy (#2). Also found out the baby had hydrocephalus. Started ultrasounds every 3 weeks from here on out.

July 8, 2007 Tyler Lee Freeman born (in the middle of Brian's finals week). For the next almost year, Tyler averaged more than 2 Dr's appts. a week. This started the hardest year of our lives, which also brought some great blessings into our lives too.







August 2007 Brian started 2nd year at OCPM

August 2007 Tyler's first brain surgery (3 weeks old)

Oct 2007 Tyler 2nd brain surgery (shunt implanted).

Feeding problems continue to get worse during Tyler's 1st year of life. At his worst, we were spending 8 hours a day feeding Tyler. (Tyler had no thirst or hunger pangs--would not drink any liquids--all liquids thickened and spoon-fed to him. Kept careful log of all calorie intake.) Practically no weight gain for 6 months.

July 2008 Brian took 2nd year podiatry boards

July 24, 2008 G-tube (feeding tube) surgery. Life got a LOT easier for the first time in a year. Tyler came alive—finally had enough energy to want to play.

July 26, 2008 discarged from hospital. For the first time ever in Tyler's life, I did not have to worry constantly if my baby was getting enough to eat. I will never forget that day--the relief of knowing he would be able to start growing was incredible.

August 2008 Brian started 2rd year at OCPM. Also started working on his last 30 credits to get his Biolog BA from BYU.

Oct 2008 Brian found out he passed boards.

November 2008 Tyler's 2nd brain surgery (shunt revision #1)

December 7, 2008 Camilla surgery to fix deviated nasal septum
December 8, 2008 Camilla discharged from hospital the next day (Sunday morning). That afternoon, Brian took Tyler into the ER for what seemed like a shunt malfunction. Sure enough, it was. Emergency shunt surgery (brain surgery #3) for Tyler that night (11:30 pm). Back to PICU by 3:00 am. Brian was in finals, so Lauren watched Jacob on Monday while Brian went to school, and I took care of Tyler at the hospital...not a fun stay, since Tyler and I were both miserable from surgeries.

February 22, 2009 (day after my 24th b-day) found out I was pregnant again (finally!)

March 2009 Brian's first month away at externships (Louisville, KY)

June 2009 call from BYU to confirm Brian cleared for graduation from BYU Provo July 2009 with his BA in Biology!! SO SO proud of Brian.

June 12, 2009 Ultrasound. Found out having another boy! So excited! So so thankful to find out that this baby is developing normal!

And coming soon--July 1, 2009 headed to Portland and Seattle areas for more externships.


Life has never slowed down much since we were married 4 years ago, but that is the way we love it. Each year is better and better. I never thought I could be so happy! I really do have the most incredible husband. I still marvel over what a catch I got. I could not have dreamed up a better husband. Or a better daddy for my boys. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL! I love you, Brian! Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

Lauren and Tyson Fiala said...

Happy 4th! I loved reading all of that! A lot has happened in your 4 years together! You both are so wonderful and so perfect for eachother.

Liana said...

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on the new baby! You are so blessed, and I wish you the best now and always!