About us...


Sunday, February 28, 2010

First stitches...2 graphic pictures

If you have a weak stomach, I'll warn you that there are 2 somewhat graphic (a little bloody) pictures a little later in this post.


Started the day off with 3 exciting firsts.

1) My first morning getting all 3 kids ready and to church by myself. A few bumps...like Jacob not wanting to start geting ready and finishing his cereal until 8:15 (we were trying to get out the door by 8:30). Blake and Tyler each needed 2 diaper changes before church. Didn't get to stretch Tyler very long, but did a little bit and put his braces on. Made it to church 8 minutes early and without feeling very frazzled. (I'm sure those Sunday mornings will come.) It helped a lot to have the bags packed and outfits chosen the night before. That, I have found, makes or breaks our readiness to listen in sacrament meeting.

2) Jacob buttoned his Sunday shirt on his own (without any help)! Once at church, Brian was busy rushing around trying to making sure everything was prepared and ready for the sacrament. Sat down, got settled in, pretty soon the sacrament was being passed. Tyler, as he does most Sundays, hit his head on the bench in front of us. I didn't think much of it. Brian was taking care of him, so I knew if he got too loud crying Brian would take him out. So I turned back around. Next thing I new, Brian was taking Tyler out. On his way past me, he whispered "his head's bleeding." Sure enough, I looked up and Brian's hand had blood drippipng down it. I took the sacrament, which was now at our row. Then picked up Blake and had Jacob follow me out. Marshal followed us out and we found Brian and Tyler in the bathroom...looked like a bit of a crime scene. Marshal...prepared with a first aid kit in his car...helped Brian stop the bleeding. Brian headed to the ER, where Tyler got 2 stitches. Jacob, Blake and I headed back to sacrament meeting. Tyler and Brian made it back about 11:50, just in time to help me load the kids out to the car before going off to mroe meetings. The boys...just pulled into our driveway from church. An eventful 3 hours at church.

Tyler was pretty tough about the stitches. Hardly cried to get them Brian said.
Jacob kept asking Tyler the whole way home why he hit his head on the bench because now he had stitches.
Personally I think the bandage is kind of cute.
Now for the interesting pictures:
All stitched up.



Jacob, as soon as we got home, decided we all needed treats after a hard morning, and pulled out the marshmallows. Gave me one because "you are doing such a great job, Mom." I don't know how many he rewarded himself with, but from the looks of the bag, he got more than all of us combined. I was too busy cleaning up and unpacking/changing kids' clothes/feeding all 3 kids (3 different meals), trying to stuff a few bites in myself...the after church mad rush that lasts about 1 1/2 hours. This was the note that Jacob dictated to me explaining what each of the 5 marshmallows were for.
Have a few stains to clean out. Soaking in cold water.
Brian got home a couple hours later. Had just enough time to eat something, catch me up with what was going on with the Young Men, make several YM phone calls, and head back out to shovel someone's drive, pick up a couple of boys, and head to stake priesthood meeting. Back tonight at 9:30.

Jacob getting Blake to laugh.

No comments: