So far, he is eating:
pureed....peanut butter and jelly sandwich, beef stroganoff, chicken pot pie (which he can't stand), spaghetti, plums, peaches, yogurt, pears, mixed fruit, mixed vegetables, pancakes and syrup, and oatmeal (a little too sticky for him).
Tyler is doing really pretty well with it all. Slow progress, but progress...so we are very happy with that! He does not love to not be in control of his own feedings and what he is required to swallow (naturally, what 2 1/2 year old would). He is super sensitive to different tastes and textures, so we continue to clean up a lot of pukes from him.
I must add that feeding Tyler pureed foods and trying to get him to drink from his little bear with a straw (sqeeze bear, as we call it) very frequently tries my patience! The hardest is when he fights me the whole time I'm trying to feed him his pureed foods, and then on the last bite or two, throws it all up, and I have to feed it to him all over again!
Sometimes I think that if what this kid puts me through and makes me learn is not enough to get me into heaven in the end, I don't know if anything ever could. He always keeps my learning curve pretty steep. But I love him and would not change him for anything. The learning experiences that I've had because of him have been precisely what I have needed (looking back, of course). And I'm sure they will continue to be. He's my little miracle boy and I can't imagine loving a little boy more.
No comments:
Post a Comment