About us...


Thursday, August 26, 2010

GOALS

So for the last few months, my main goal has been to get the most out of this time when my little boys are just that: little. It is easy to get so busy with the details of being a mother and taking care of them that without effort and practice, it doesn't come naturally to thoroughly enjoy almost all of my time with them. There are periods when day after day I felt like I was doing good if I just survived the day, let alone enjoy it. But I have really wanted to get to where I consistently, every day, love being with my kids and see all the cute things that they do, and just love being a mother and love having busy little ones at home. Here are my goals:
  • LOVE THEM
  • Give them a reason to want to be with me
  • Be easy on them. Back off
  • Allow them a LOT of mistakes, even if done on purpose.
  • Don't threaten them ("if you don't do this, you can't...")
  • Don't lecture. Only teach by example and by praising them when they do something good.
  • Invite them to help, but don't expect it or require them to do it! Give
  • Plan activities with them that have a 90% positive outcome.

These are posted on my refrigerator, and I read it several times a day. And whenever one of my kids is doing something that is trying my patience, I close my eyes wherever I am at, and repeat the goals in my head until I see my kids in a different light. Then open my eyes again, and with my thoughts and perspective refreshed, the world is a different, better place again.

I had no idea how much fun I was in for! Life with these sweet little boys has been EVEN better than it ever has been before. I LOVE to be with them, to play with them, to laugh with them, and better than that, they love me to be with them too! Jacob even told me a few weeks back, "I love you Mom, and I love that you do silly things and play with us." I just wish they could stay little forever! I absolutely love being a mother!


If Tyler is given the option of what he wants to do for alone time with Mommy, his top pick is almost always "make bread." So that's what we did today.


Love those little teefers
Mommy's idea of fun.
I think I earned a few "cool" points from my kids for this one:
I really have enjoyed my kids so so much lately. When I put forth the effort to let little things go and just watch them and love them and enjoy them, it is so rewarding. I love being their mother!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

tyler looks like a pro chef! that cute he likes to cook!!Blake still seems happy even though hes teething ha.