About us...


Thursday, October 21, 2010

I was so surprised to see Jacob at the table, with these papers that he had drawn with no words to look off of or help from anyone. I could hear him saying "hhhhh hhhh hhhhappy", and then writing an "h", etc for all the letters that he could hear from the words "Happy Birthday" (which came out as Hppy Bdy. Yay! Great progress on learning to read and sound words out.
The last shot of our pepper plants before we cut them down, getting ready to paint the fence.
Our pepper crop (and this is our crop from all summer long, despite the beautiful looking pepper plants).
Tyler won the MVP award for yardwork today. He really stuck with it. I was so pleased with him.
The plan was for Brian and I to paint the fence while the kids painted these salt dough ornaments we made yesterday. As painting usually goes, the prepwork took longer than expected, plus the weather forecast changed our mind about painting today. But the kids had fun painting anyways, although in the end we ended up with a bunch of broken ornaments. Oh well, the loved the process even if we have no end product to show off for their hard work.
Jacob didn't like the loud noise of Brian's air compressor, so he went inside and found some earplugs.
And backtrack...last night...making salt dough ornaments. (Brian is on the 5p-3a ER shift for the next couple of days).

No comments: