
Neurosurg came by at 7 this morning, said we could go as soon as the pediatrics team signed us out. Trying to be patient, waiting to go home. We got out by 11:15--not too bad.

The nurse came in to take Tyler's IV out. He kept trying to want to help, so I held his left hand back so he couldn't "help" anymore. I must have loosened my grip (it took a little while to take all the layers of tape off), because next thing we knew his left hand sprung over, grabbed the whole bandage and jerked it off. Blood got all over. The nurse just stood there, a little stunned (luckily no blood got on her, just on me and Ty). Tyler said, "ok, let's go!" Guess he knew that was the last thing keeping him in the hospital.

My sweet friend Lauren watched Blake and Jacob for me while I was with Tyler this morning. I have sure been blessed with some wonderful friends here in Ohio. I picked the boys up around noon and was so anxious to get back home and have my kids all 3 together at home with me. Jacob took Tyler in right away to have him unwrap his 2 treats: cheetos and "o" pretzals.

So excited to be home together again! This process was hard on Jacob this time. He really was worried about Tyler and it made him scared to think about him going to surgery. He asked me at one point, "how do they open Tyler's head up to do the surgery and to fix his shunt." Wasn't too excited about answering that question, but his mind was already coming up with its own images I'm sure. I told him they have a special little tiny thin knife that they're really careful with and that just makes the littlest cut that they can." He came right back with "yeah, Daddy has one of those knives." (Guess he made the connection between Daddy surgery stories and questions, and Tyler's surgery.) What do I say to that! I simply agreed, and told him how they fix his head back up afterwards, sew it back together. And how Tyler doesn't feel any of it because they give him a special medicine that makes him so sleepy and makes it so he doesn't feel any pain while he is asleep. He felt fine about it after that it seemed like.

Tara brought a delicious chicken salad dinner! I love her!

Jacob made more hearts to add to Tyler's poster.

SO GLAD TO BE HOME TOGETHER!!!

Yay! All 5 of us now! Life can start getting back to normal!
No comments:
Post a Comment