The boys' awards for playing so well for a few minutes this morning. They loved them, and Jacob went to the craft table and made me an award as well.

The kids really wanted to do preschool this afternoon, so I got out some worksheets I had prepared to use to teach preschool a couple of weeks ago, and we learned some parts of the body and what they do (brain, lungs, teeth, femur, foot, stomach, intestines, and a few others). They LOVED it, and it made me want to do it more often.

Can you tell they were excited about it?


Brian has been on call for 2 straight weeks now. Has had to go in every single day of it (although technically he's not supposed to go into work for more than 7 days straight. He has been home late almost every night. Tonight I was feeling worn out. And apparantly I was whiny too, because Jacob told me to stop whining, or he was putting me in time out. I told him "Do you know, that is exactly where I would love to go. Will you watch Blake and Tyler for me while I go and sit in time out all by myself!?" He gave me a puzzled look. Then after a little explaining, he was satisfied. That was the end of that. Until the end of dinner, when Jacob told me "Mom I will watch Blake and Tyler while you go and have some quiet time in your room." His only stipulation was that I draw him a pretty picture at the end of my quiet time. Quiet time lasted about 10 minutes--10 wonderful minutes of peace and quiet--spent reading a book, under the covers in my bed. Then Jacob knocked on the door and said my quiet time was up. WHAT A SWEET BOY! The Christmas tree with M&M ornaments was what I made for him during the last 5 minutes of my quiet time. What an angel!
This was a little earlier today. Jacob brought me in the room to show me his "dog sled team, with Balto leading in the front."

Tonight we had the sweetest surprise. Heard the doorbell ring, just a few minutes after Brian got home. Jenalee Kauffman (in our ward) and her husband and their oldest (Ryker) caroled "Jingle Bells" and "We wish you a merry Christmas." Then left us with a card and some yummy pretzels with hersey kisses and hugs melted on top. Left us all with big huge smiles on our faces. So thoughtful!
Random...Tyler in Jacob's tinkerbell sunglasses that he got from the prize box at therapy. (Tyler came home with a "My Little Ponies" coloring activity thing! They picked their own toys. )
No comments:
Post a Comment