
Since we missed our usual Freeman tradition of Abelskivers (a danish type of pancake) over the Christmas break, we made them (actually, Brian made them) as a new years treat.

As well as some homemade ice cream. Yum!

Today the kids got their reading charts for the Book of Mormon. I was really excited about it as soon as I read the note that the kids brought home, that they want the primary kids to read the whole Book of Mormon by the end of the year. I decided to start reading every morning when Blake goes down for his nap, with Jacob and Tyler. We are going to read one chapter a day until we finish. In the past we have read a page from the Book of Mormon reader (with 6 pictures on each page), so this will be a lot more time and require a lot more concentration, but I really want to do it. Even if it takes some creativity to keep the kids engaged while we read. I'm really excited about it, and the kids are too. We will miss reading with Daddy at nights, but sometimes he's not home for scriptures anyways, and I've really wanted to start reading with the boys in the morning, to set the tone for our day.

Tyler with his crown from Primary. His first day of primary. He was SO excited and so so ready to go. The last few weeks in nursery he has cried because he didn't want to have to go to nursery anymore, he wanted to be in Primary. Jacob reminded him on his way to church this morning, "Tyler, now you are a primary boy like me!" Jacob is so proud to have his little brother in primary with him, it is so cute. He kept telling people in primary today that Tyler was in primary today and that he is his brother.
1 comment:
we make aebleskivers too! They're a fun treat.
Spencer started primary this year too, but was kind of bummed when he found out they didn't have any toys. :)
Post a Comment