I told Brian once we were downstairs, "THAT is one of the reasons why I love to teach children. Adults just don't have that kind of complete trust in the faith of another."
About us...
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Faith of a child
Tonight I gave Jacob a kiss goodnight, while Brian was laying in bed next to him, both tucked in beside each other, for a few minutes. I reminded him on my way out to remember in his personal prayers to ask Heavenly Father that he could feel better tomorrow (he's had a stuffy nose and cold the last couple of days). His response was, "I don't think it will help." I told him, "well, don't ask him if you don't think it will help. But I'm going to pray for you that you can start to feel better." He asked me if I thought that would help. And I told him, "I know that if we ask Heavenly Father to help us, that he will. And if you ask him to help you feel better, you will start to feel better. It might take longer than you want it to, but he will help you." After a few seconds of thinking about it, he responded, "Mom, if you know that Heavenly Father will help me, then I know that too. But if you don't know that, then I don't either." Profound. So glad I shared a little testimony with him and told him that I know Heavenly Father answers our prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment