Last night Jacob was up from 12:30-1:30, first complaining that he was scared. Then coming back and saying that he had an ear infection. Gave him ibuprofen and made him a bed upstairs in the office. I wasn’t sure it was an ear infection until this morning, when he woke up still complaining that his left ear was hurting him, that he had an ear infection. Then a few minutes later he threw up in the toilet. I called and scheduled him an appt as soon as his Dr. office opened. Got an appt. for 10:00. Went a few minutes early, in time for us to stop by the lab in the same Independence building (also right across from where Brian was working today, the kids were interested to see the office again). I drank my sugary orange drink for my glucose tolerance pregnancy screening. Headed upstairs, Dr. Diard saw Jacob and said he did, in fact, have a left ear infection. Sent over a script for amoxicillin to the Walgreens by our house. Went back downstairs after burning a few minutes of time (I needed to get my blood drawn exactly an hour after drinking the drink). Jacob started looking pretty sick just before we went in. I had a little ziplock bag with a paper towel in the bottom of it in case he was going to puke. He kept it held up to his mouth for about 5 minutes. Then just as I got sat down and put my arm out to get stuck, he started puking into the ziplock bag (which I was holding now with my left hand). I apologized to the nurses. I felt bad that they had to watch him puke, especially since Jacob wasn’t even their patient, I was. Anyways, got the blood drawn and were on our way. In hindsight, that was probably one of those times when it may have been better to not try and be so efficient. Although, there’s no way I could have predicted him puking right then. And it was nice to use most of my hour waiting in Jacob’s appointment.
About us...
Friday, April 1, 2011
sick Jacob
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment