About us...


Friday, May 13, 2011

Freeman girls' weekend in Boise

I flew to Boise for a Freeman girls' weekend out. Was supposed to get into Boise at 11pm Thursday night. Ended up getting into Denver (my layover) by 1am, standing in customer service line until 3am, then trying to sleep sitting upright in the chairs in the airport until 6am.
Thanks to a nice customer service agent, I was able to make it into Boise just before lunchtime on Friday. We surprised Mom Freeman at Cafe Rio. She didn't know Nicki (who lives in Houston) and I were flying in for this. Our hotel:


Went and saw "Wicked" on Friday night. Which was AMAZING! I highly recommend it! Saturday morning we went to the Boise temple and then did some shopping in the afternoon. Ate at cheesecake factory--a first for me. Spent the night Saturday with Deborah (Brian's sister) and then went to church with her Sunday morning. Flew back and got home just after midnight on Sunday. Brian was a trooper to watch the kids all weekend. He had such a good attitude about it, and even though he was tired by the end of the weekend, he did such a fabulous job with the kids! It was so fun to have Brian and the boys so excited to see me again. And I must say I was ready to be back home again and to be a full-time Mom. The playing around was sure fun--what a great weekend we had--but home is where I love to be, working hard to raise these sweet little boys.

No comments: