Kids were up late last night (some were keeping each other up; Millie was teething). They were awake earlier than usual this morning. Appointment for trim this morning. Swim lessons. Worked on the pile of laundry (6 batches washed).
Kids were fighting, hungry, tired. Exhausted. I was past that irritable stage and was just completely worn out. Using every ounce of brain function to try and calmly and appropriately and patiently respond to the endless tattling, cries, etc. I had "started" on dinner 30 minutes ago and now had at least a couple of ingredients out on the counter. After a few more outbursts and more needs to meet, I sat on the couch and held Millie (who was crying) and just cried with her. I prayed to heavenly father and told him that I didn't know what to do but that I needed his help. My answer came right away, as Jacob saw me praying and crying and came over to see how he could help. He made macaroni for the kids for dinner and helped unload the dishwasher, and before long life felt a lot more manageable. I shared my testimony with Jacob that heavenly father answers every one of our prayers, and that things work out when we trust in that promise.
About us...
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
He always hears
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautiful story. You've got some amazing kids there. Hugs!
Post a Comment