About us...


Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day 2009

This Mother's Day weekend has reminded me all over again of how the blessings never stop coming. I have such a wonderful husband and the two cutest boys! Two sweet, wonderful mothers. I don't know what I would do without them! I am so lucky to be a mother and to be expecting another one. I could not be more blessed!

As a new Mom 3 years ago, I wondered how I would ever feel completely fulfilled JUST being a stay at home Mom. But now, a few years later and a few experiences later, there honestly is nothing I'd rather be doing than being a Mom. I thoroughly love it! I am so happy to be able to stay at home with these two sweet boys. There really is no more special calling in the whole world. Nothing so satisfying. Nothing that fills my life with so much joy and fulfillment.
Brian told me last night to not come downstairs until 8:00 this morning. So I got to sleep in until 7:10!! That was exciting! Had time to quietly read scriptures and say prayers, get ready for the day before coming downstairs to this...a beautiful boquet of flowers from our yard. The sweetest card. And a new recipe (that we found in the Friend magazine). After breakfast, Brian wouldn't even let me help him clean up. I hardly knew what to do with myself...it felt so strange to not do the normal cleanup and busy-morning routine.
After breakfast, Brian stretched Tyler's legs for me. I appreciated this one so, so much. This is one thing that I really don't look forward to at all every day. Tyler hates to get his legs stretched. He screams the whole time. His legs are so tight that it really takes a good bit of time and muscle to get his leg muscles stretch out. I know it helps Tyler and needs to be done, but every day I dread it because it hurts him so much and he or Jacob don't understand why I have to hurt him by stretching him every day. It really makes me want to cry sometimes. This little boy has gone through so much. What a sweet little angel of a boy he is, though.
Thank you Brian for doing this!
So cute!! I love this little boy!
He is just a little ball of sunshine in the morning. Tells us all good morning. Smiles and gets so excited to see everyone. Just makes us all smile every morning as soon as we see him.

This is the only picture I got of Jacob today...obviously he had just woken up from a nap--fell asleep on the way home from church. And this boy does not like to have his sleep interrupted at all! He was sleeping both other times I snapped pictures of Tyler. He looked so handsome with his new tie (thanks, Angie!), even if he was half asleep.

No comments: