About us...


Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Aunt Amy's

Left Portland at 7:30 this morning (the same time Brian left for clinic). Sad to leave him again...we had such a wonderful weekend with him, that it made it extra hard to leave. Had a short 4 1/2 hour drive to Basin City, WA--where Brian's sister Amy lives. We got there in the early afternoon. The sprinklers were on, and Jacob had the time of his life running through them. I have not seen him have so much fun this whole trip. So fun to see him relax and unwind finally. This weekend was hard for him...it is so hard, impossible I think, to keep kids quiet enough to stay in a dorm, but we did our best.

I love this picture of Tyler.
Re-fueling before heading back outside. Jacob is loving that he has cousins to play with (Amy and Craig have 6 kids. They have a 14 month old little boy, a 4 year old girl, and then 4 others that are 9-14).
Eating a fresh apricot from the apricot tree. This is actually Brian's Mom and Dad's house, but while they were on their mission, Craig (Amy's husband) got a job offer close to this house, so they have been staying here. Jacob recognized the house as Grandma and Grandpa Freemans, and I think that has helped him warm up to it so quickly!
Playing out in the dirt.
with another apricot in the other hand.

Tyler got to take a good nap this afternoon. So nice to be somewhere so comfortable right away.
The boys trying to cram themselves both into the front of the little car.

Figured out this works a little easier.
Mom's grape trellis (sp.?).
Enjoying the sunshine.
Tyler can climb up the stairs himself and I was amazed that he actually could go from kneeling at the top of the slide to sticking his legs out to slide down. He does the whole process by himself. I think it helped that he practiced on a really similar slide and Lauren's.
So fun to see him learn how to do new things for himself.
Tyler being goofy.
Jacob following Tyler's lead.
Tonight Jacob stayed back with his cousins (he was not very happy with me about that one, but I think it was good for him), while I took Tyler with me to Brian's cousin, Emily Davidson's, bridal shower. I went with Amy (Brian's sister), and Amy's oldest girl (Rebeckah). We had a good time. The girls fell in love with Tyler, and he didn't mind putting on a sweet show for them.
Merilee picked him a flower and he kept smelling it.
Rebeckah and Tyler...on the drive home.

1 comment:

Lauren and Tyson Fiala said...

I love that picture of Tyler on the stairs too. What a cutie!