Jacob running out towards Max, their big dog. Jacob did come in crying one afternoon. He said that the dog was trying to bite him. I asked him what he was doing to the dog. I had to force myself to not laugh when he told me, "I was just trying to ride him." I explained that dogs don't like to be ridden. He said, "but he's just a BIG dog." (And yes, he is...about as tall as Jacob). It took him quite a while to calm down...he doesn't understand the difference yet between nipping and biting. Scary for a little boy. I was afraid he was going to be scared of dogs after this, but he went back out and played with the neighbor's dog an hour or so later. Still a little scared of Max, though.
About us...
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Tractor fun!
Jacob running out towards Max, their big dog. Jacob did come in crying one afternoon. He said that the dog was trying to bite him. I asked him what he was doing to the dog. I had to force myself to not laugh when he told me, "I was just trying to ride him." I explained that dogs don't like to be ridden. He said, "but he's just a BIG dog." (And yes, he is...about as tall as Jacob). It took him quite a while to calm down...he doesn't understand the difference yet between nipping and biting. Scary for a little boy. I was afraid he was going to be scared of dogs after this, but he went back out and played with the neighbor's dog an hour or so later. Still a little scared of Max, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment