About us...


Friday, July 3, 2009

Willie & Martin's Coves, Wyoming

Got to the Willie handcart site at 1:30 this afternoon. No Freemans in sight...they were still out on the trek. We took a handcart out to meet them. Had heard that mosquitos were supposed to be bad, so we got our OFF out to spray ourselves down before we headed out. Unfortunately, our can wouldn't work. So we headed out without any. After not getting very far at all, I wanted to turn around and go back, there were so many mosquitos. Brian wasn't convinced until he looked back at the boys with mosquitos all over their faces, and Jacob and I about to have panic attacks because the mosquitos were so thick around us. (Jacob and I swell up really bad from mosquito bites). I looked on the back of Brian's shirt, and he literally had probably 75 mosquitos...maybe more...on the back of his shirt. I have NEVER seen so many mosquitos in my life. You just felt like you would breathe them in if you opened your mouth. We RAN back to the car and waited there for the next hour and a half until everyone made it back to camp.
The boys in the handcart...pretty cute.
Brian pulling the boys.



It was so fun to see everyone again. Above is Brian's mom holding Tyler, with Jacob and Kayelee. All of Brian's brothers and sisters were there, and a lot of his Freeman cousins were there. Fun!
A few of the boys (plus Kayelee) doing what boys do best
Getting rounded up to dance. It was fun to see so many in pioneer attire.

We learned the Virginia Reel and O Johnny O. It was fun, but as you can imagine from the picture above, it made it a little hard to swing your partner with a baby in each of our arms pretty much. It was fun, though.
A couple of James and Jani's kids swinging.


No comments: