About us...


Sunday, July 5, 2009

last day of daddy for a while

Last night we got to the apt. that Brian's Mom and Dad are living in at Martin's Cove. Got in by 11:15 (after getting a little lost). To bed just after midnight. Today was our last day with Daddy for a while. I am going to miss him dearly!
I loved this quilt that was on the wall...hand stitched...looked so difficult because all the pieces were random sizes.
Daddy this morning with Tyler. Brian sat Jacob down tonight and told him that he was going to have to leave for a while and so he needed him to be his big boy helper. That he needed Jacob to give me lots of hugs and say "I love you" and to listen really well to me. I overheard the little conversation..made me cry. I know we'll make it through the next 2 months being apart, but I don't know how just yet! Brian's Dad gave Brian and I both father's blessings before church this morning, and that helped me to feel more at peace. I know that as difficult as these 2 months will be, that it will be a good experience for us both in the end.


This morning, they had the biggest Primary group that they have ever had...42 kids. (The primary here is the same presentation every week, because the only children here are those visiting the missionaries over the weekend). There were over 30 Freeman kids alone! They had them make handcarts out of rice krispy treats, marshmallows and toothpicks. Each of them got a little rock bag. And a turn at pulling a miniature-sized wagon.

No comments: