Yesterday I was asking Jacob and Tyler questions about what they liked best, what they're the best at, etc. I asked Jacob who his best friend was and he, as always, says Tyler. He always sticks to that answer. Then a few questions later I asked who was the best at riding a bike. Jacob said he was. Then I guess he remembered that Tyler can't ride a bike yet because of his legs and he turned to Tyler and said that in the summer he was going to get his bike (a bike that is tiny for him...he outgrew it at the beginning of last summer) and put a hook on the back of it and get a little trailer to hook onto it and put Tyler in it and pull him around.
I thought about 11 year old James Kirkwood, one of the pioneers, who carried his little brother through the freezing cold and was willing to give his life for that little brother. Jacob loves his little brother so much and takes such good care of him. He is so patient with him as it takes Tyler longer...much longer than himself...to do things and learn things physically because of his cerebral palsy and balance problems. But they are best friends and he would do anything for that little brother of his.
I remember in nursery a while back...Jacob told me the other kids wouldn't let him into the playhouse. He didn't do anything about it. But when Tyler wanted in and they wouldn't let him in either, he said he pried open the door, stuck his foot and then his body in front of it, let Tyler in, and told the kids inside that his little brother Tyler was coming in.
Heavenly Father sure knows what he's doing when he sends these little children into our homes...and in the order that he does. And at the rate that he inspires us to have another child. Jacob and Tyler are only 15 months apart and we felt strongly about that. That was a big challenge, especially with Tyler's health problems. But it has been such a blessing. I had no idea that Jacob would be such a wonderful, protective, helpful, sweet big brother for Tyler. Or that they would be such close friends.
1 comment:
That is so so sweet. What special boys.
Post a Comment