About us...


Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Laban

Have been working on teaching Jacob primary songs. This week started teaching him "Nephi's courage." Was pausing throughout to song to explain words to him or tell him who the people were that we were singing about. Got to the part about Laban. I stopped and asked Jacob if he remembered who Laban (Brian reads scriptures to the boys every night before bed from the Book of Mormon reader). Jacob said he did. That Nephi went to get the plates from him. But he was bad...very bad. Paused. Then added, "and when people are bad...when people are VERY bad, we can just get a knife, a very sharp knife, and just cut them!"

What?? Great lesson Jacob!

Guess he does pay attention. Hopefully he's remembering the good stories too...I'm sure he's soaking it all in, even though he does wiggle and bounce and jump and pop up out of bed as we're reading with him.

3 comments:

Lauren and Tyson Fiala said...

That is so funny Camilla. The other night we read the part where Zerahemnah's scalp was cut off. Ellie was very interested in the picture with the scalp hanging from the sword. How the heck do you explain that to a 2 year old? :)
We need to get together soon. I need to give those boys of yours hugs and kisses.

Amber said...

I am cracking up so hard right now. That is a great story! Gotta love little kids and the things they say. :)

Marcie said...

All I have to say is don't mess with Jacob if you're a very bad person.