About us...


Saturday, July 31, 2010

Training wheels GONE!

I mentioned to Brian a while ago that I thought Jacob was probably about ready to start learning to ride his bike without training wheels. Well today Brian took him out to start the lessons. I went back inside, put something away, grabbed my camera and headed back outside, hoping to document Brian giving him his first lesson--which quickly became his only.

What I saw was Brian jogging down the sidewalk behind Jacob, who was riding completely on his own without training wheels!! I was so excited! I felt like it was MY first time riding a bike without training wheels...I was so tickled for him! So he is officially riding without training wheels at 4 years and 4 months! Way to go Jacob!


Blake discovering. I love this age (9 months) where babies just explore the world. Nothing is dangerous, nothing is scary, nothing is off limits (in their mind)--they just crawl around and soak everything in and are so captivated by the smallest little things. Gotta taste it, look at it, shake it, taste it again before moving on to the next thing. I love it!


Bbq night.
Yes, our measly cucumber (1 of 3) from our garden. Cucumbers just really don't like to grow in our backyard for some reason.

No comments: