
Tyler has been eating so well lately. I am really trying hard to push him as much as I can before this next baby comes. Keeping track of his calorie intake by mouth. Still sticking with feeding him only water through his G-tube during the day (though he still gets 480 of his calories from pediasure he gets throughout the night via his feeding pump). We are back to doing 6 small meals a day (it starts to feel like that is the bulk of what we do during the days), but Tyler does so much better in small quantities more frequently. So we're sticking with it. It requires a LOT of patience, but I really want to make sure I'm always doing all I can to get him off his feeding tube as quickly as he can (my goal is to have it gone before he starts school in a year and a half) and more importantly to be able to eat/drink all of his calories by mouth and start weaning him off his night feeds.

Jacob came up with this idea, a suspended bed (resting on the beanbag on one side and the couch on the other). He and Tyler had a lot of fun with it. (This is the broken, duck-taped mattress that we should have gotten rid of a very long time ago, probably.

I laid down for a quick nap and when I got up, this is what I found. I was so excited that Jacob had made a snack for him and Tyler and that they were both eating it really well. A close up look helped me realize just why they were enjoying their bread and toast so much:

Who wouldn't with as much jam as bread? Yum! No complaining from me. Doing my job for me. Love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment