About us...


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tyler MRI

This morning before leaving for Tyler's MRI.
Glad I planned on leaving a few minutes early, because I hadn't planned to need to shovel a foot of snow off the driveway, and it taking twice as long to get to Marla's. The roads were horrible. Even the interstate had tons of snow, no lanes visable. But we made it to Marla's (who was so so sweet to watch Jacob and Blake all afternoon while I took Tyler for his MRI). Not only did she watch the boys, she also sent us home with delicious homemade soup and homemade bread. Can a friend get any sweeter than that? She took a huge weight off my shoulder today.
Tyler just before we headed out. I always snap a picture or two before he heads into anesthesia, just in case something were to happen. I always have that fear in the back of my head, even though I've seen him put under more times than I care to count.
The let Tyler play in the "treehouse" (play area) for a few minutes while they got everything ready in his room. It was fun to just have me and Tyler alone for a little while.
The MRI went well, they got the IV in on the first try, he woke up quickly after the MRI and immediately asked, "are we done." Then when the nurse said yes, he went right back to sleep. He was super groggy for the rest of the day. And let me just add that it is quite difficult to keep a drugged-up kid stationary for the day when he doesn't feel like his body is drugged up, he feels fine and is excited to be home and free to play and run around as he wants to. Movies saved us for a little while tonight. So so glad to have today overwith. I will say that it was easier to see him be put to sleep than it ever has been for me. He didn't turn blue, he didn't scream in panic as he went out, he didn't tense up, he didn't look scared, he just went right to sleep without a fight. And that was so nice for me. As many times as I have seen him put out (for 7 surgeries plus 4 or 5 MRI's), it is always a relief to have him awake again and to see that he is just the same as he was before he got put under.
They even sent him home with the cutest little teddy bear. Now just waiting a few days for the results to come back. I don't expect them to find any problem, but they have in the past on other MRI's, so I'm always a little nervous waiting to hear back about what his brain anatomy looks like.

1 comment:

Lauren and Tyson Fiala said...

I'm so glad that MRI came back good. That is so scary for you to have to watch him go through that. We love Tyler lots!