About us...


Friday, July 25, 2014

Weakness shows love

A couple of weeks ago I had a most enlightening conversation with my good friend Courtney riddles. She inspires me! She shared with me the book "weakness is not sin."  my outlook has changed. .i have come to see my weaknesses as something that keeps me tied to my Father in heaven. I am so precious to him and he loves me so much that he gave me specific things that he knew I would need to turn to Him for, things that would keep me relying on him. As I have come to see my weaknesses as signs of love and a reminder of heavenly fathers constant love for me, I have felt so humbled and so thankful. 

In my youth Sunday school class (I teach the 12 and 13 year olds), we discussed Elder Bednar's talk about how the load that we bear--the challenges that we face--provide spiritual traction in our life and keep us holding tightly to our covenants.  ( "bear up their burdens with ease", Apr 2014 General Conference). 

As we come on to the Savior and rely on the love of our Heavenly Father, he allows our weaknesses to become to us, in multiple ways. For one, the spiritual traction. They provide is a form of strength. In addition, our weaknesses allow us to increased compassion and ability to help others who are struggling with similar challenges. As we continue to work two words overcoming our weaknesses, Heavenly Father literally allows them to become a strong point in our lives as well. 

No comments: