About us...
Thursday, July 16, 2009
At the park
Each day we've been up here at the lakehouse, I've been trying to find something outside the house for the kids to do. Today we drove to what the GPS said was the closest park (25 minutes away). It ended up being a walking trail, but luckily next to it was a Catholic school with a nice playground. I figured they were out of school for the summer, so we took advantage of it! The kids played until they were both worn out (about 2 hours). This the the first park they've gotten to play at since we left home I think.
Tyler did really good crawling around on the playground. Did scare me a couple of times, but never did anything too dangerous.
Tyler has learned how to transition from crawling to sitting with his legs out straight so he can slide down...not an easy feat when your legs are as tight as his. I'm so proud of him. Can't wait for Brian to see.
And he goes down all by himself, holding on the sides.
Jacob had the whole playground mastered by the time we left.
Care free! I got a few minutes to read a book even, which I have not done either since we left home.
You can't see it very well in this picture, but Jacob had climbed up to the very top of the jungle gym. Was on top, calling for my help. I grabbed my camera and ran to help him, but he had already figured out a way down. He put his legs through the top triangle and held on with his arms...swung down, and dismounted. I was impressed.
Recharging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment