.JPG)
Tyler sitting up in his highchair for breakfast. The most he's taken during mealtimes since we've been gone is one piece of cereal. Most of the time he hasn't even done that much. I hope this trip slows down for us one of these days.
.JPG)
Blessing the food. I couldn't resist, even though it was during the prayer. He says the cutest little prayers on the food.
.JPG)
Spent the morning packing into the car, getting ready to go and see Brian for the first time in 2 weeks! SO exciting. I have missed him so much! Drove past the sign for Connell, WA (where Brian went to school growing up) on our way to Portland.
.JPG)
Tons of trains, and Jacob wasn't even awake to see them, so I had to take a picture of them for him to show him what he missed!
.JPG)
In Oregon...more and more beautiful the closer you get to the west coast.
.JPG)
Jacob taking a nap with his dog and Tyler's bear.
.JPG)
Coming up on the beautiful (and numerous) lakes outside of Portland. The most beautiful drive I've taken for a while.
.JPG)
One of the dams.
.JPG)
Mt. St. Helens??
.JPG)
The super high falls just off the exit. Multnomah?
.JPG)
We got to Brian's hospital in Portland at 5:40. Ate dinner in the car, waiting for Brian to get done. He thought he would be done around 6:00. Went upstairs in the parking garage via elevator. That was exciting...Jacob asked to push the button. I didn't notice that he wasn't pushing the button to go up until it was too late...her had already pushed the emergency code blue button. Luckily, someone came over the intercom and I quickly told them that we didn't need anything, that my son had accidentally pushed the button. Oops! At least no ambulances or paramedics showed up for us! Went inside the hospital and easily found the podiatry clinic.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Then walked around outside, waiting for Brian. By 8:00 (2 hours later), the kids were tired of walking around, and tired period, so we headed back to the car where they sat and watched a movie. Brian called about 15 minutes later...done with the surgery he was in. I was so excited to see him again...made me cry to see him again. And the boys were so, so excited to have their daddy back again! Heaven.
.JPG)
After grabbing a couple of snacks at the cafeteria since Brian hadn't gotten a chance to eat dinner, headed back to the dorm where he is staying.
.JPG)
Brian's car...actually his parent's car...they let him borrow it for these couple of months because they are not using it much at all on their mission.
.JPG)
Brian reading scriptures to the boys. Oh, I can't even describe how nice it his to have him back again...even if only for a couple of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment