About us...


Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fun with Daddy

Brian got in late last night. It is SO nice to have him back and to not have to sleep in a bed by myself! The boys were surprised and so excited to wake up and see Daddy laying next to me in bed.


Brian practicing stepping with Tyler.

This week I got to help Amy quite a bit with apricots...we canned some, dried some, made fruit leather, apricot jam. Brian helped me dry some cherries this afternoon...we'll see how they turn out. It is so nice to have Brian around. As soon as I get to see him again, a weight is lifted off my shoulders and I just feel lighter and happier.
We went out and saw Hawkins' working in the cherry orchard, shaking the cherry trees...a cool process. Hawkins were next door neighbors to Brian the whole time he was growing up. They have 11 kids that are all such good, fun, hardworking kids. It's always so fun to get to see them again.
The machine on the left is the one that grabs onto the trunk of the cherry tree and shakes it really, really quickly. There is a machine on the other side that catches the cherries and puts it into bins 1/2 filled with water.
Brian and I went out with the boys to pick some more Rainier cherries for Brian to take back to Portland with him.

Tyler with his Daddy.
Jacob picked a good amount of cherries too...I was surprised at how many he got.

Tyler kept picking cherries, then putting them into Brian's mouth. Brian would eat it, then spit the pit out, and Tyler just thought it was halarious.
Then Tyler started doing it too, except instead of eating the cherry and spitting just the pit out, he would just spit the whole cherry back out.
YUM!

Tyler playing in the dirt after playing in the sprinklers.
Yep, more dirt.

Tonight after the boys went to sleep, Brian and I headed to the closest town (about 30 minutes away), got some ice cream, and just relaxed together. We hadn't gotten out on our own since we've been out here, and it was SO NICE!

1 comment:

Lauren and Tyson Fiala said...

Oh man, I am not looking forward to being in your shoes next year. I hate being away from Tyson for that long. But I'm glad you get to see Brian on the weekends. You are almost done with the last externship and you have handled the extra stress so well!