About us...


Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New fish

The boys always have fun unloading the monthly box of feeding bags and supplies for Tyler's g-tube. They scatter it all over the living room, then pick it up and take it upstairs.
Our last 4 fish died (little comet fish). When the last one died on Sunday morning, Jacob got really quiet (that's what he does when he's really really sad). Just sat there and cried quietly, tears just streaming down his cheeks, because his fish died. After a few snuggles and some talking, he was feeling better. But after primary, Jacob said he cried again in primary. I didn't realize why, until he told me that they played a fishing game in primary today. Then it clicked and I felt bad for him, it reminded him of his fish and made him cry again. I talked to Brian and we decided to get 4 new fish, as well as a cheap filter. I guess we are going to be fish people. That was our FHE activity, and can I just say Jacob was one happy boy. We got the medium sized golfish (.25 instead of .10 a piece), so hopefully they will survive longer.


No comments: